Sunday, June 9, 2013



Welcome to my new blog! I'm Carolyn, a freelance artist and business owner. I love to garden and decorate my house, a 175 year old Colonial style bungalow in the countryside of Northeastern Ohio. I used to live in the suburbs or city but got tired of the stress, so a few years ago I left the rat race behind and came out here to Amish country. Amish buggies pass my house daily, and I get a real kick out of seeing horse trailers, haywagons, tractors and other country type vehicles go by. It's nice to be in a quieter atmosphere yet have quick access to city when needed. Out here the air is fresh, my gardens grow better and life is good. This blog is about my home, pets and garden. A little of this and that, with maybe some art stirred in.

Out here, there are horse farms, greenhouses, farm markets, and much more to explore. Last year I put in my garden (the beginning of it, anyways) and now it's getting a bit bigger and more established. This year I'm adding more plants and planning how to make it into my own personal Eden, with butterfly and hummingbird gardens. I have a steady group of wild birds who visit my feeders on a daily basis, mainly woodpeckers and goldfinches. I had one little dark Ruby Throated hummingbird last year but hope to have more in time, as I put in colorful flowers and a better feeder. It's all a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment